How to Treat a Nickel Allergy Effectively
Nickel allergy rash can itch or burn and is not only uncomfortable, but unsightly. You can found nickel in a lot of metals like sterling silver jewelry. Some people have a sensitivity to nickel, which causes them to break out in a rash.
Treat a Nickel Allergy
To get rid of nickel allergy there is nothing you can do. You must be aware of what jewelry you wear and what metal you come in contact with.
The first step in treating the nickel allergy, you can remove any jewelry or get away from the metal that is causing the allergy. If you do not get away from the metal, then nothing you do to treat the allergy is going to get rid of it.
Use Warm Water and Anti-Bacterial Soap
You can wash the infected area with warm water and some anti-bacterial soap. Before you can put cream on the area, you need to get the rash clean.
Use Cortisone Cream
Take an over-the-counter cortisone cream. Apply that cream every 2 to 3 hours as needed. You have to looking a cream contains for aloe. Aloe vera is a natural healer and will work to get rid of your rash fast. The cortisone will work to reduce any itching and inflammation.
Use Calamine Lotion
You may use a lotion such as Calamine lotion. The Calamine lotion will keep it from itching and cool the affected area by nickel allergy. Putting Calamine lotion on a cotton ball, and you can dab it over the rash to administer it. The lotion will harden and dry on your skin. Reapply as needed.
Apply some Benadryl. Children can get Benadryl in liquid, but adults also can take it in capsule form. Benadryl will work to stop the itch from the inside out as an antihistamine. Adults will want to consume 1 to 2 capsules every 4 to 6 hours as they have need. Get dosage for children from the package as it varies by weight and age.